Notable Cactus and Succulent Garden, Monte Carlo

• 2 Replies

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
Notable Cactus and Succulent Garden, Monte Carlo
« on: August 28, 2012, 10:25:40 AM »
The Jardin Exotique de Monaco, opened to the public some 80 years ago, is a splendid collection of cactuses and succulents, growing outside in the very steep rocky site set spectacularly above the Mediterranean sea. Some of the plants are of immense size.
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society

ritamax

Re: Notable Cactus and Succulent Garden, Monte Carlo
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 08:05:11 PM »
Yes, it is a very nice place and the view to the sea is magnificent.
Hobbygardener (MGS member) with a rooftop garden in Basel and a garden on heavy clay with sand 600m from seaside in Costa Blanca South (precipitation 300mm), learning to garden waterwise

Jill S

Re: Notable Cactus and Succulent Garden, Monte Carlo
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 11:00:27 PM »
It looks like the sort of place where one could spend hours closely examining each unfamiliar plant ( and from the pics most do seem unfamiliar to me )

I think that is one of the many things I am learning from this forum, I need to spend time looking more closely at plants!
Member of RHS and MGS. Gardens in Surrey, UK and, whenever I get the chance, on Paros, Greece where the learning curve is not the only thing that's steep.