A generous donation

• 5 Replies
A generous donation
« on: August 14, 2012, 10:37:59 AM »
We have just heard from the MGS President that an anonymous donor has given the society €500 towards the running costs of the forum - almost the whole of its annual cost.
Warmest thanks from us all, whoever you are!
Alisdair, Fleur and Oron

MikeHardman

• www.mikehardman.com
Re: A generous donation
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 10:41:07 AM »
Fantastic!
Thank you, whoever you are.
Mike
Geologist by Uni training, IT consultant, Referee for Viola for Botanical Society of the British Isles, commissioned author and photographer on Viola for RHS (Enc. of Perennials, The Garden, The Plantsman).
I garden near Polis, Cyprus, 100m alt., on marl, but have gardened mainly in S.England

John J

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 01:32:47 PM »
Great news! Much appreciated I'm sure by everyone who uses the forum. Many thanks.
Cyprus Branch Head. Gardens in a field 40 m above sea level with reasonably fertile clay soil.
"Aphrodite emerged from the sea and came ashore and at her feet all manner of plants sprang forth" John Deacon (13thC AD)

Umbrian

• Email
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 07:40:51 AM »
Yes, many thanks the Forum is my "kick start" to the day ;D
MGS member living and gardening in Umbria, Italy for past 19 years. Recently moved from my original house and now planning and planting a new small garden.

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 08:58:43 AM »
In fact the forum originally got off the ground last year thanks to several other anonymous donations then - so anonymous that we the moderators weren't even told that any money had been given. (This was actually quite an embarrassment for me, as - not knowing there had been any donations - when I thanked those who'd given particular help to the forum at last autumn's AGM on Mallorca, obviously I didn't mention anonymous donors at all.)
We certainly owe our thanks to those original donors too.
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society

ritamax

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 01:37:12 PM »
Yes, it is important to express our gratitude even if the donors wish to stay anonymous. So THANK YOU - DANKE - MERCI - GRACIAS - GRAZIE...
Hobbygardener (MGS member) with a rooftop garden in Basel and a garden on heavy clay with sand 600m from seaside in Costa Blanca South (precipitation 300mm), learning to garden waterwise