Sedum booleanum

• 3 Replies

David Dickinson

• Email
Sedum booleanum
« on: June 14, 2017, 11:32:53 AM »
Does anybody grow this plant? I came across a small entry in the text of "The Plant Lover's Guide to Sedums", Brent Horvath, Timber Press, 2014. But the author doesn't include the plant in the main body of the book and looking it up on the internet doesn't throw much light onto the plant either. Just showing some very tempting photographs and a little information here http://worldofsucculents.com/sedum-booleanum/ .

The Royal Horticultural Society Plantfinder doesn't have an entry and the Plant List doesn't offer synonyms.

If anybody knows of a UK or other European supplier I would be very interested to know.

I have a small garden in Rome, Italy. Some open soil, some concrete, some paved. Temperatures in winter occasionally down to 0°C. Summer temperatures up to 40°C in the shade. There are never watering restrictions but, of course, there is little natural water for much of June, July and August.

David Dickinson

• Email
Re: Sedum booleanum
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 05:10:45 PM »
I eventually found a supplier in Germany. However, they had sold out! Towards the end of the year I got a plant through the post from them, the last they had, and then discovered that they are a regular visitor to plant fairs in Italy www.uhlig-kakteen.de
The plant survived the damp and, at times, extremely cold winter and is now just coming into flower. It is a slow grower. Very little noticeable difference in size from last year. It is evergreen so what little growth it does make is not lost. I shall try to get leaf cuttings on the go because, if I were to lose it , I am sure it would be difficult to find again.
I have a small garden in Rome, Italy. Some open soil, some concrete, some paved. Temperatures in winter occasionally down to 0°C. Summer temperatures up to 40°C in the shade. There are never watering restrictions but, of course, there is little natural water for much of June, July and August.

David Dickinson

• Email
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 06:29:14 PM »
Here is a close up of the flower.

Charithea

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 09:28:29 AM »
 Hi David.  What a lovely colour your Sedum booleanumhas.  Our sedums tend to be mostly yellow. I have taken a photo of our Echeveria pulvinata this morning.  It was in full sun all last year and it suffered.  John moved it to the side verandah this spring where it gets shade part of the day and it flourishing. I love its soft colour.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 09:32:37 AM by Charithea »
I garden in Cyprus, in a flat old farming field, alt. approx. 30 m asl.