rosemary dieback

• 16 Replies

John

Re: rosemary dieback
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2012, 12:01:09 PM »
There are quite a lot of Westringia cultivars around now. In spring I saw some of the new ones and they have different habits including prostrate. They should be out on sale by next season if not already.
I was particularly impressed with the prostrate form of Myoporum parvifolium if you want a rich green plant for ground cover.
John
Horticulturist, photographer, author, garden designer and plant breeder; MGS member and RHS committee member. I garden at home in SW London and also at work in South London.

estella

• Email
Re: rosemary dieback
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 12:22:29 PM »
Hello all

I too after 7 years growth have dieback. Just a small section in the centre of the plant so will do as suggested just cut it out and keep my fingers crossed. However, some adjacent lavender also has something very similar to dieback and it is decimating each lavander one by one.  I just cut it out and hope for regeneration.  I know that lavander is a short lived plant so they may have just come to the end of their natural life or not. As to variety, who knows?  In the garden centres here they just come as either lavander or rosemay and you get what you get, weeping or other wise, quite exciting really but not condusive to successful planning. All plants just survive on winter rain as I am up in the mountains during the summer.

Any suggestions gratefully received. ;D
Lives farms and gardens in southern Turkey just above Cyprus. I have a small villa with a small garden on the coast plus an acre of wilderness and a semi-restored stone house situated 1000M up in the Taurus Mountains on 35,000M sq of mixed farmland, wilderness and forest.