Interesting new book on Mediterranean landscape design

• 3 Replies

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
Interesting new book on Mediterranean landscape design
« on: May 28, 2012, 07:29:38 AM »
Louisa Jones, long-standing MGS member and one of the earliest members of this forum, has just published her latest book, full of beautiful colour photographs by Clive Nichols. Clicking on the book's title, Mediterranean Landscape Design: Vernacular Contemporary, will take you straight to the publisher's description.
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society

Re: Interesting new book on Mediterranean landscape design
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 03:10:01 PM »
Hello Mike
This book might certainly be the next one on my wish list... The one she wrote with Bruno Suet (Du jardin au paysage) was so interesting about mediterranean gardening.
Thank you for this information.
Gabriel
MGS member, between Paris and my Nafplio garden...

Blog : www.jardinscosmopolites.com
FB : www.facebook.com/ateliergabriel

MikeHardman

• www.mikehardman.com
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 08:07:17 PM »
I have received my copy and have read the introduction. I appreciate her wordcraft and look forward to absorbing the other chapters, hoping to discover some ideas and information  new to me.
Mike
Geologist by Uni training, IT consultant, Referee for Viola for Botanical Society of the British Isles, commissioned author and photographer on Viola for RHS (Enc. of Perennials, The Garden, The Plantsman).
I garden near Polis, Cyprus, 100m alt., on marl, but have gardened mainly in S.England

Cali

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 10:25:58 AM »
I've been reading it for the past week. It's fascinating.
Cali Doxiadis
Former MGS President
Gardens in Corfu, Greece.