Nigella

• 3 Replies

Daisy

Nigella
« on: May 18, 2012, 02:58:29 PM »
I am still discovering what I can grow here in Crete.
I didn't know love-in-a-mist would do so well. I haven't sown any this year. These are all self sown. ;D ;D ;D

Daisy
Amateur gardener, who has gardened in Surrey and Cornwall, England, but now has a tiny garden facing north west, near the coast in north east Crete. It is 300 meters above sea level. On a steep learning curve!!! Member of both MGS and RHS

MikeHardman

• www.mikehardman.com
Re: Nigella
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 07:15:21 PM »
They really do make a misty effect en masse, don't they?
Love 'em.
Mike
Geologist by Uni training, IT consultant, Referee for Viola for Botanical Society of the British Isles, commissioned author and photographer on Viola for RHS (Enc. of Perennials, The Garden, The Plantsman).
I garden near Polis, Cyprus, 100m alt., on marl, but have gardened mainly in S.England

John

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 05:25:00 PM »
It is native to Crete!
John
Horticulturist, photographer, author, garden designer and plant breeder; MGS member and RHS committee member. I garden at home in SW London and also at work in South London.

Alice

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 06:10:38 PM »
Lovely to see so much colour in your garden, Daisy. Gorgeous Cosmos (Bidens) and Nigella. Do you manage it all on fortnightly watering?
Amateur gardener who has gardened in north London and now gardens part of the year on the Cycladic island of Paros. Conditions: coastal, windy, annual rainfall 350mm, temp 0-35 degrees C.