Attica May 2012

• 5 Replies

Fleur Pavlidis

• Global Moderator
Attica May 2012
« on: May 08, 2012, 11:23:57 AM »
When I went out into the garden this morning the Callistemon and Caesalpinia had both burst into flower. The roses are blooming as never before, as  indeed is everything else so I decided it was now or never to post some photos.
MGS member, Greece. I garden in Attica, Greece and Mt Goulinas (450m) Central Greece

MikeHardman

• www.mikehardman.com
Re: Attica May 2012
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 09:20:59 PM »
Your excitement well worth sharing - thanks Fleur!
Mike
Geologist by Uni training, IT consultant, Referee for Viola for Botanical Society of the British Isles, commissioned author and photographer on Viola for RHS (Enc. of Perennials, The Garden, The Plantsman).
I garden near Polis, Cyprus, 100m alt., on marl, but have gardened mainly in S.England

cicerone

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 10:36:01 PM »
Lovely, makes me want to visit Greece (never been).
- Creating a California Native / Mediterranean garden in the San Francisco Fogbelt

Marilyn

• Waterwise Gardens
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 03:56:42 PM »
How utterly lovely, Fleur! Thank you for sharing. Lucky you to be able to "borrow" that lovely mountain view, too. :)
I work in hotel and private gardens, promoting sustainable landscape management in the mediterranean climate through the use of diverse, beautiful and appropriate plants. At home, I garden on two balconies containing mostly succulents.

Daisy

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 04:22:56 PM »
Lovely Fleur. There are masses of Ebenus cretica flowering alongside the road on the north coast of Crete at the moment. I keep thinking of reasons to travel along that road at the moment, just to admire them. ::) ::) ::)
I love the photo of the lavender with the helianthemum. Do you know which helianthemum it is?
Daisy :)
Amateur gardener, who has gardened in Surrey and Cornwall, England, but now has a tiny garden facing north west, near the coast in north east Crete. It is 300 meters above sea level. On a steep learning curve!!! Member of both MGS and RHS

Bolanthus

• Email
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 02:18:39 PM »
OMG!!! What a gorgeous garden!
...and Fleur, do we know the Scabiosa species? There is a Greek endemic out there that looks like yours (S. hymettia) and I'm trying to spot it this summer in Hymettus and elsewhere :-)
Aris Zografidis
A lot of interest for the mediterranean flora and for the water wise gardening –but no garden yet. 
my blog on Greek Flora: ROSA SEMPERVIRENS