Dry Climate Gardening DVDs

• 3 Replies

anita

Dry Climate Gardening DVDs
« on: March 18, 2012, 06:26:52 AM »
Hi,
Have just watched two great DVDs on dry climate gardening produced by the team at Australia's Lambley Nursery. I've worked in television and I can't write highly enough of the quality of the two I've watched (Autumn and Winter). The cinematography does a truly lovely dry climate planting at the nursery justice, and David Glenn's narration combines passion and good sense. I strongly recommend viewing. Conditions in the med may be slightly different to David's garden but his conditions will be closer to the med than most advice based on English gardens.
For links through to Utube trailers go to http://www.lambley.com.au/dry_climate_gardening_dvd_series. Regards Anita (Alisdair if I've put this under the wrong topic please relocate.)
Dry mediterranean climate, avg annual rainfall 530mm, little or no frost. Winter minimum 1C, summer max 45C

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
Re: Dry Climate Gardening DVDs
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 02:30:06 PM »
Anita, Thanks very much for telling us about these. I think it probably is more useful to have this under General Cultivation than under Miscellaneous, so I've moved it.
Those of us who are going to the Mediterranean Garden Society's annual meeting, to be held this autumn in South Australia, are very much looking forward to the planned visit to the Lambley Gardens.
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society

anita

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 01:08:16 PM »
Just had a belated thought. Not sure if DVDs formatted for Aus & NZ will work in Europe. Have emailed Lambley to check. Hate to lead you into buying unviewable DVD.
Glad to hear you will get to see Lambley in Spring. Great combination of inspired planting and plantsmanship.
While you are in SA I hope you also get a chance to see Boats End another inspiring dry climate garden. Al-Ru farm is also worth a visit.
Dry mediterranean climate, avg annual rainfall 530mm, little or no frost. Winter minimum 1C, summer max 45C

anita

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 08:45:24 AM »
Lambley say the DVDs are set for multiregion so will be fine for UK and Europe.