Oxford and Cambridge

• 4 Replies

Daisy

Oxford and Cambridge
« on: January 16, 2012, 11:07:29 AM »
Still looking through my photos and came across these from this summer.
I wasn't sure which topic to put them under, so I plumped for this one.
Plumbago auriculata and Ceratostigma plumbaginoides.
I like the two blues together.
Certainly nothing leaden about them ::) ::) ::)
Daisy :)

Amateur gardener, who has gardened in Surrey and Cornwall, England, but now has a tiny garden facing north west, near the coast in north east Crete. It is 300 meters above sea level. On a steep learning curve!!! Member of both MGS and RHS

MikeHardman

• www.mikehardman.com
Re: Oxford and Cambridge
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 09:13:28 PM »
Nice Daisy!
I wonder how the Lang's short-tailed blues (Leptotes pirithous) behave around this grouping. They are usually unerring in sniffing out Plumbago, but maybe they might be tempted onto the Ceratostigma in such proximity.
Mike
Geologist by Uni training, IT consultant, Referee for Viola for Botanical Society of the British Isles, commissioned author and photographer on Viola for RHS (Enc. of Perennials, The Garden, The Plantsman).
I garden near Polis, Cyprus, 100m alt., on marl, but have gardened mainly in S.England

John

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 10:04:24 AM »
No hybrids yet Mike?
John
Horticulturist, photographer, author, garden designer and plant breeder; MGS member and RHS committee member. I garden at home in SW London and also at work in South London.

MikeHardman

• www.mikehardman.com
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 12:14:56 PM »
John
:)
Ceratobago not without merit; I'll have a word with my butterflies, see if they fancy giving it a go...
Mike
Geologist by Uni training, IT consultant, Referee for Viola for Botanical Society of the British Isles, commissioned author and photographer on Viola for RHS (Enc. of Perennials, The Garden, The Plantsman).
I garden near Polis, Cyprus, 100m alt., on marl, but have gardened mainly in S.England

John

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 01:01:08 AM »
It might not be that impossible and a paint brush may also produce a Plumbastigma!
John
Horticulturist, photographer, author, garden designer and plant breeder; MGS member and RHS committee member. I garden at home in SW London and also at work in South London.