Gardens near Florence?

• 2 Replies

Daisy

Gardens near Florence?
« on: January 11, 2012, 02:56:42 PM »
In mid July this year, I am going to indulge my other great passion.
I am going to Mugello Race Track, near Florence, to see the Grand Prix of motorcycle racing, the Moto GP.
Afterwards, I plan to drive down to Ischia to see Alessandra's La Mortella. (After seeing the website for La Mortella, that is a must.)

I was wondering, if anybody knows of any gardens open to the public, that I could visit whilst near Florence?
I am particularly fond of flowery gardens, rather than large landscape ones.
Daisy :)
Amateur gardener, who has gardened in Surrey and Cornwall, England, but now has a tiny garden facing north west, near the coast in north east Crete. It is 300 meters above sea level. On a steep learning curve!!! Member of both MGS and RHS

Umbrian

• Email
Re: Gardens near Florence?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 07:47:33 AM »
Dear Daisy - I live south of Florence and would be delighted to meet you and host you if you have time in your itinerary for such a stop. I have visited quite a few gardens in Florence and will get my thinking cap on to send you details of those I think most interesting for you.Close to me I have an Italian friend who is passionate and very knowledgable about roses but I fear that in July his garden will be past its best but there are other gardens near to me that you would probably enjoy, perhaps even mine! If you send an e.mail to my Forum address with your contact details we can be in direct contact about all possibilities.  :)
MGS member living and gardening in Umbria, Italy for past 19 years. Recently moved from my original house and now planning and planting a new small garden.

Daisy

Re: Gardens near Florence?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 09:59:19 AM »
Umbrian, What a wonderful invitation :)
I have sent you a PM.
Daisy :)
Amateur gardener, who has gardened in Surrey and Cornwall, England, but now has a tiny garden facing north west, near the coast in north east Crete. It is 300 meters above sea level. On a steep learning curve!!! Member of both MGS and RHS