MGS AGM and tours in South Australia, October 2012

• 9 Replies

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
MGS AGM and tours in South Australia, October 2012
« on: January 06, 2012, 06:50:27 PM »
To see more about this exciting event (for MGS members only) click here.
Hope to see you there - Helena and I hope to be going ourselves, with Maria.
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society

andrewsloan

Re: MGS AGM and tours in South Australia, October 2012
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 01:28:12 PM »
Currently looking at flights out to Australia as well.........

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 06:09:14 PM »
The full itinerary, including all optional visits and with tempting illustrations, can now be seen by clicking here.
Registration - MGS members only - starts at the beginning of May.
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society

Chantal

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 08:27:39 AM »
Hello everyone,

It's a long time since I had a look at the forum. I'm impressed by the number of subjects and messages. I need, at least, a week to read everything, but, as many members around Mediterranean Sea and surely in northern parts, we suffered such a cold winter, that I need to clean the garden now and cut, cut, cut and crush and mulch and replant, so and so.......
What a lot of work !
I'm planning also to go to Australia and happy to meet again friends from MGS.

Chantal Guiraud
Montpellier-France
MGS Seed Coordinator

"The flowers of spring are winter's dreams told in the morning at the table of the angels" (Khalil Gibran)

gertrude

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 08:46:03 AM »
Help,  Having read the information abut the MGS AGM in Aus I note that it states that accommodation details can be found  - quote 'For accommodation details consult the MGS website or contact Tania Norman at Oliver Travel or telephone............'   

Having searched several times the website, I cannot find any information referring to the aforementioned accommodation,  only the contact info at Oliver Travel.  Can anyone tell us exactly where to look 'on the website'

Janice & Peter Thompson
Italy
Pete and Jan retired to le Marche, Italy 20 years ago for a quiet,  sunny life.  Gardening here was a challenge, but we now have a wonderful garden, with an eclectric selection of plants,  including many wild  flowers and orchids of which we are found of.

John J

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 09:38:46 AM »
Janice, I sent an e-mail to the address given and received a reply by return post, as it were, signed by Jeanette and listing the hotel options and prices in Melbourne, Adelaide and for the Kangaroo Island tour.
Cyprus Branch Head. Gardens in a field 40 m above sea level with reasonably fertile clay soil.
"Aphrodite emerged from the sea and came ashore and at her feet all manner of plants sprang forth" John Deacon (13thC AD)

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 10:35:21 AM »
Oliver Travel say that the booking details for the main meeting will be up on the website in the next few days.
Alisdair Aird

gertrude

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 09:22:39 AM »
Alistair,  Has anyone reported problems with the Registration Form on the website for the AGM Australia?  I have filled out the form but when I sent it there was a message 'Verification number not accepted'  and returned me to the form with a new verification number to input which I did,  only to be returned back to the form again with the same message.  I do hope we can resolve this problem as I feel it is getting late to register.  Also, the 'Payment' window does not open.  Can you please help?

Pete and Jan retired to le Marche, Italy 20 years ago for a quiet,  sunny life.  Gardening here was a challenge, but we now have a wonderful garden, with an eclectric selection of plants,  including many wild  flowers and orchids of which we are found of.

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2012, 12:25:03 PM »
Janice, I've not heard of problems. Best thing would be for you to get in touch direct with Oliver Travel.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 07:00:34 AM by Alisdair »
Alisdair Aird

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 06:44:28 PM »
Janice, I think that if you get that Incorrect Verification Code message, all you have to do is retype the number that came up against Verification Code, in the empty box beside it.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 07:00:53 AM by Alisdair »
Alisdair Aird