session time out

• 4 Replies

Daisy

session time out
« on: December 22, 2011, 11:16:04 AM »
Every time that I have replied to a post lately, this message has shown, and my post has not been accepted. :( :( :(
What can I do?
Daisy
Amateur gardener, who has gardened in Surrey and Cornwall, England, but now has a tiny garden facing north west, near the coast in north east Crete. It is 300 meters above sea level. On a steep learning curve!!! Member of both MGS and RHS

Daisy

Re: session time out
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 11:17:16 AM »
P.S. I was quick with this one!!
Daisy
Amateur gardener, who has gardened in Surrey and Cornwall, England, but now has a tiny garden facing north west, near the coast in north east Crete. It is 300 meters above sea level. On a steep learning curve!!! Member of both MGS and RHS

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 12:42:43 PM »
Daisy, Yesterday (and for a while the night before) the forum website was out of action for quite a long time (sorry about that - malicious internet activity affecting many forums, which we hope has now been dealt with). That would have foiled your attempts to post completely, but I don't think you would even have succeeded in calling up the forum in the first place.
So perhaps the trouble is that your session length setting has somehow been altered. Try this:
In the line of blue tags towards the upper left corner, click on the LOGOUT tab
Then when you get the Welcome Guest scree, put in your usual user name and password, and make sure that the login session time is set to Forever.
Hope that fixes it; if it doesn't the fault may possibly be with your own internet connection dropping out temporarily.
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society

admin

• Administrator
    • Hereford Web Design
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 01:27:46 PM »
Try flushing your browser cache.

The  Opera browser is also known to cause this

Daisy

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 02:28:25 PM »
Thank-you both, that has worked. ;D ;D ;D
Daisy :)