One-day Mediterranean gardening course in London, UK

• 2 Replies

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
One-day Mediterranean gardening course in London, UK
« on: October 04, 2011, 06:49:45 PM »
On 3 November Gill Pound, an MGS member living in the south of France, will give a one-day lecture course at the English Gardening School, Chelsea Wharf, 15 Lots Road, London SW10 0QJ. It will cover the issues associated with gardening in a mediterranean climate, dealing with summer heat and drought. It will focus on plant choice, introducing suitable lesser-known plants to people with homes in the Mediterranean or drier areas of Britain.
Gill moved to the Languedoc in 1998 where she set up La Petite Pépinière nursery, offering perennials and shrubs adapted for mediterranean and dry climates.
The course will run from 10.30am to 3.30pm, costing £125 inclusive of VAT and lunch (10% discount for Mediterranean Garden Society members.)
For further information or to book click here.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 06:54:37 PM by Alisdair »
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society

Re: One-day Mediterranean gardening course in London, UK
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 09:13:02 PM »
Thank you Alisdair for this information. I have just gone to see the web site of this nursery which offers a very interesting choice of plants, like the courses also. I'ts not very close from my garden, but it's all the same in the south. I'll go probably one day ...
Michel GAUTIER
MGS Member
My garden is a mediterranean garden located in South Est of France and you can visit it at this address : www.jardinsud.fr

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
Re: One-day Mediterranean gardening course in London, UK
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 10:04:05 PM »
And another plus, Michel, the nursery's run by a member of this forum.
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society