Viewing pictures

• 3 Replies

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
Viewing pictures
« on: May 28, 2011, 11:06:17 AM »
Photos appear in a message as thumbnails. To see a photo full size, just click on the thumbnail!
All photos on this site are copyright - for more details click here.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 08:06:58 AM by Alisdair »
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society

Daisy

Re: Viewing pictures
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 04:10:17 PM »
Is it me???
I am having trouble viewing the photographs.
They are taking an awful lot of mouse clicks to enlarge the thumbnail.
Even then, some of the photographs only enlarge a tiny amount.
They are not big enough to see what it is properly.
It took me a lot of squinting at John's picture of Euphorbia x pasteurii to realise that there was also a figure in the photo and as for his container photos, with those gorgeous hot colours, most frustrating having to squint at those!! ??? ??? ???
Daisy :)
Amateur gardener, who has gardened in Surrey and Cornwall, England, but now has a tiny garden facing north west, near the coast in north east Crete. It is 300 meters above sea level. On a steep learning curve!!! Member of both MGS and RHS

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 05:22:42 PM »
Daisy, The thumbnails need only one click to enlarge - if there's a delay, it's because the internet connection is not good. I find that usually they enlarge immediately, but sometimes take several seconds. (We have a broadband connection that usually has a download speed of about 2MB/sec, but can slow down dramatically sometimes.)
If people posting photographs follow the instructions in Posting pictures, and if they use Photoshop perhaps the notes in Posting pictures with Photoshop, their photos will enlarge to quite a visible size when you click on the thumbnails.
I very much wish John would post his own lovely photos in a larger size too!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 05:27:31 PM by Alisdair »
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society

Daisy

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 05:46:26 PM »
Thanks Alisdair. It is just me being impatient again. :-[

John, If you are reading this, please can you make your photos larger?
I love seeing other people's photos, but yours are just too small for my eyes.
It's one of the joys of old age nothing seems to work anymore. ::)
Daisy
Amateur gardener, who has gardened in Surrey and Cornwall, England, but now has a tiny garden facing north west, near the coast in north east Crete. It is 300 meters above sea level. On a steep learning curve!!! Member of both MGS and RHS