Amusing warning notice

• 2 Replies

Umbrian

• Email
Amusing warning notice
« on: November 16, 2011, 08:12:26 AM »
When parking in my local town the other day I was amused to see this warning notice nailed to some of the trees that line the back of the parking area. The trees are Horse Chestnuts - has someone complained that they have been hit by falling "conkers" or do they fear damage to the cars? Anyway it brightened my day. ;D
MGS member living and gardening in Umbria, Italy for past 19 years. Recently moved from my original house and now planning and planting a new small garden.

Umbrian

• Email
Re: Amusing warning notice
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 08:25:15 AM »
Not doing very well today - wrong photo and did not translate notice! :-[
Anyway will try again and the notice warns that in the months of October and November there will be falling chestnuts!
MGS member living and gardening in Umbria, Italy for past 19 years. Recently moved from my original house and now planning and planting a new small garden.

John

Re: Amusing warning notice
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 12:15:48 PM »
Carole, I eventually realise that if you make an error (one of mine is typing too fast and getting from and form mixed up especially as a spell check doesn't pick it up) you can open your own posting again with the Modify symbol in the top right hand corner and adjust your posting.
John
Horticulturist, photographer, author, garden designer and plant breeder; MGS member and RHS committee member. I garden at home in SW London and also at work in South London.