Raphiolepis

• 1 Replies

MikeHardman

• www.mikehardman.com
Raphiolepis
« on: November 05, 2011, 09:48:36 AM »
I bought a couple of Raphiolepis indica, Indian Hawthorn, plants in the spring, when they were adorned with pink-white flowers, looking lovely. I was a little apprehensive in planting them, as my soil is somewhat alkaline. But they have grown a bit and the leaves have looked good (not chlorotic) all summer. Now they are sporting their nice dark blue berries. And I am looking forward to their springtime display again.
Mike
Geologist by Uni training, IT consultant, Referee for Viola for Botanical Society of the British Isles, commissioned author and photographer on Viola for RHS (Enc. of Perennials, The Garden, The Plantsman).
I garden near Polis, Cyprus, 100m alt., on marl, but have gardened mainly in S.England

MikeHardman

• www.mikehardman.com
Re: Raphiolepis
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 03:57:09 PM »
Some nice photos of the blossom here
Mike
Geologist by Uni training, IT consultant, Referee for Viola for Botanical Society of the British Isles, commissioned author and photographer on Viola for RHS (Enc. of Perennials, The Garden, The Plantsman).
I garden near Polis, Cyprus, 100m alt., on marl, but have gardened mainly in S.England