Galanthus reginae-olgae

• 20 Replies

John

Re: Galanthus reginae-olgae
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 08:31:07 AM »
I'm no hero! Besides currently I don't have a set of images to show the whole process. I do believe there are a lot of people out there doing this though so another member may be a hero.
John
Horticulturist, photographer, author, garden designer and plant breeder; MGS member and RHS committee member. I garden at home in SW London and also at work in South London.

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2011, 09:49:41 AM »
John, You are our hero  ::) even without your scalpel!
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society

ezeiza

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2011, 02:13:01 PM »
Yes, you are, John. Do you remember which fungicide was used in them? They look reasonably healthy and the fungicide did work or the bag would be filled with a rotting mass.

John

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2011, 03:25:44 PM »
I think I should say that it was one you can no longer purchase!
John
Horticulturist, photographer, author, garden designer and plant breeder; MGS member and RHS committee member. I garden at home in SW London and also at work in South London.

ezeiza

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2011, 05:37:28 PM »
As things go, it could be one in a list!

jo

• Cherubeer Gardens, Devon
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2011, 10:47:20 AM »
My Galanthus reginae olgae's have started to flower in the garden and the greenhouse.  When I say 'my' I mean the ones you gave me John  :)

They are planted in a raised north facing bed so they don't open their outer petals unless its warm.