Guess what this is 21 NOW SOLVED

• 37 Replies

John

Guess what this is 21 NOW SOLVED
« on: October 31, 2011, 11:22:14 PM »
A not dissimilar one to guess what this is 20! At least in the sense that it could be obvious but it probably is not.
Added later:
And if you want to jump ahead, you can see a picture of the whole flower if you click here!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 03:08:24 PM by Alisdair »
John
Horticulturist, photographer, author, garden designer and plant breeder; MGS member and RHS committee member. I garden at home in SW London and also at work in South London.

MikeHardman

• www.mikehardman.com
Re: Guess what this is 21
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 07:28:53 AM »
note sure if you're leading us stray in the clue,
but I'll havea stab at Tropaeolum anyway, and if pushed T.  majus
Mike
Geologist by Uni training, IT consultant, Referee for Viola for Botanical Society of the British Isles, commissioned author and photographer on Viola for RHS (Enc. of Perennials, The Garden, The Plantsman).
I garden near Polis, Cyprus, 100m alt., on marl, but have gardened mainly in S.England

John

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 09:09:01 AM »
No, sorry only the colour is near!
John
Horticulturist, photographer, author, garden designer and plant breeder; MGS member and RHS committee member. I garden at home in SW London and also at work in South London.

David Bracey

• Email
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 11:22:25 AM »
Campsis radicans or grandifolia
MGS member.

I have gardened in sub-tropical Florida, maritime UK, continental Europe and the Mediterranean basin, France. Of the 4 I have found that the most difficult climate for gardening is the latter.

John

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 11:39:55 AM »
Nope. Not even warm.
John

Hilary

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 05:09:51 PM »
pomegranate
MGS member
Living in Korinthos, Greece.
No garden but two balconies, one facing south and the other north.
Most of my plants are succulents which need little care

John

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 06:41:30 PM »
No, sorry.
John

JTh

• Email
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011, 07:25:24 PM »
A tulip?
Retired veterinary surgeon by training with a PhD in parasitology,  but worked as a virologist since 1992.
Member of the MGS  since 2004. Gardening in Oslo and to a limited extent in Halkidiki, Greece.

John

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011, 08:08:36 PM »
Very slightly warmer in the sense that it's closer in evolutionary terms!
John

JTh

• Email
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 12:13:24 AM »
A lily?
Retired veterinary surgeon by training with a PhD in parasitology,  but worked as a virologist since 1992.
Member of the MGS  since 2004. Gardening in Oslo and to a limited extent in Halkidiki, Greece.

JTh

• Email
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 12:17:10 AM »
Or maybe gladiolus?

MikeHardman

• www.mikehardman.com
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 07:47:07 AM »
Hemerocallis
Mike
Geologist by Uni training, IT consultant, Referee for Viola for Botanical Society of the British Isles, commissioned author and photographer on Viola for RHS (Enc. of Perennials, The Garden, The Plantsman).
I garden near Polis, Cyprus, 100m alt., on marl, but have gardened mainly in S.England

John

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2011, 10:07:51 AM »
No and no and no!
John

JTh

• Email
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2011, 11:29:05 AM »
Hippeastrum

John

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2011, 12:00:37 PM »
No.
John