Nerine

• 31 Replies

Fermi

• Email
Re: Nerine
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2021, 10:33:37 AM »
... The funny story is that I had 2 seedlings from 'Ariel' raised in 1999 this one was labelled "Seedling #2" but I never found the first seedling until last week. Years ago I'd given what I thought was a pot of 'Ariel' to a friend and when we visited her she showed me a potful of what was obviously "Seedling #1"! It's a softer coral colour and so I've told her to re-name her pots 'Riversdale Coral' ;D
cheers
fermi
I asked Cathy to send me some pics of her pots so here are her pics of 'Riversdale Coral' - slightly softer colour than 'Riversdale Red'
cheers
fermi
Mr F de Sousa, Central Victoria, Australia
member of AGS, SRGC, NARGS
working as a physio to support my gardening habit!

Umbrian

• Email
Re: Nerine
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2021, 07:08:45 AM »
This interesting story highlights the joys of sharing plants with fellow enthusiasts.
When we downsized a few years ago I tried to take divisions or cuttings of my favourite/difficult to find plants to place in my new garden. Any I overlooked or lost in the process can usually be recovered from friends who had been recipients of plants from me over the years 😊
MGS member living and gardening in Umbria, Italy for past 19 years. Recently moved from my original house and now planning and planting a new small garden.