• 2 Replies

Hilary

Rosemary
« on: November 18, 2021, 08:29:09 AM »
TRAILING ROSEMARY by Eile Gibson

THE MEDITERRANEAN GARDEN number 100, April 2020
This issue of THE MEDITERRANEAN GARDEN is available as a free download
https://www.mediterraneangardensociety.org/journal100.pdf

There are several flower beds on top of the covered- in dry river bed, here in Corinth, which are planted with a variety of shrubs and plants, some more successful than others
The beds seem to be left to get on with it on their own, apart from a yearly or maybe twice yearly tidying up and pruning.
After three or four-years trailing Rosemary has settled in very well as you see from the photos
MGS member
Living in Korinthos, Greece.
No garden but two balconies, one facing south and the other north.
Most of my plants are succulents which need little care

Charithea

Re: Rosemary
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2021, 01:36:34 PM »
The trailing Rosemary is so useful as it does well in dry places and hides faults on walls etc. We planted it three years ago to improve an area opposite an old church here in the village.  It looks fantastic but a so called garden goes round 'pruning it' and it looks horrible for a while until it fills out.  I registered my complain with the village leader and the reply was that 'we want to show the stones on the wall. The trailing Rosemary hides it'.
I garden in Cyprus, in a flat old farming field, alt. approx. 30 m asl.

Umbrian

• Email
Re: Rosemary
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2021, 09:07:30 AM »
Can't please everyone Charithea but a good pruning now and again will do the Rosemary good....... and reveal the stones for a while- good choice of plant really😊
MGS member living and gardening in Umbria, Italy for past 19 years. Recently moved from my original house and now planning and planting a new small garden.