Is anybody else having the same problem as me with the forum?

• 5 Replies

David Dickinson

• Email
Is anybody else having the same problem as me with the forum?
« on: January 17, 2021, 12:55:37 PM »
When I entered yesterday, I was told that there were 3 unread topics. I duly clicked on them one by one but when I went back to click on the 3rd on the list, it had disappeared. Likewise today. 2 unread topics and, having read the first, I went to look at the second but it had disappeared. Luckily, I remembered the topic and so was able to find the posting. But before I went to it, I tried to see if it came up as an unread topic for me. It didn't  ???
I have a small garden in Rome, Italy. Some open soil, some concrete, some paved. Temperatures in winter occasionally down to 0°C. Summer temperatures up to 40°C in the shade. There are never watering restrictions but, of course, there is little natural water for much of June, July and August.

Hilary

Re: Is anybody else having the same problem as me with the forum?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 09:48:39 AM »
Hi there,
There is hardly more than one unread notices these days, for me anyway.
If you want to know if we have the same problem as you try adding two separate posts
A photo of a bright flower wouldn't come in wrong either

Sunny and bright here today again  so we should go out for a walk
MGS member
Living in Korinthos, Greece.
No garden but two balconies, one facing south and the other north.
Most of my plants are succulents which need little care

David Dickinson

• Email
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 12:20:13 PM »
Today I have 2; both from you. I will now go to read the other and see what happens.
I have a small garden in Rome, Italy. Some open soil, some concrete, some paved. Temperatures in winter occasionally down to 0°C. Summer temperatures up to 40°C in the shade. There are never watering restrictions but, of course, there is little natural water for much of June, July and August.

David Dickinson

• Email
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 12:24:18 PM »
As I expected, the other message has disappeared from the list of unread messages. I did notice, though, at the bottom of the page there is a tick against "mark all messages as read" which I have never noticed before. I have tried to untick it but nothing happens.

David Dickinson

• Email
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 12:32:07 PM »
Just to check that I am not going mad, I checked in your stamp thread and, sure enough, there was today's unread posting of the Sorbus. I will now try to find a way of unticking "mark all posts as read" which seems to be switched on only for the "miscellaneous" category.

Hilary

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2021, 08:40:12 AM »
Yesterday I saw that you had sent a message which I did not open

Today it shows as if I read it
MGS member
Living in Korinthos, Greece.
No garden but two balconies, one facing south and the other north.
Most of my plants are succulents which need little care