Jordan trip

• 32 Replies

John J

Re: Jordan trip
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2020, 12:28:27 PM »
I'm hurt, Carole, they were her boots not mine.  :'(
Cyprus Branch Head. Gardens in a field 40 m above sea level with reasonably fertile clay soil.
"Aphrodite emerged from the sea and came ashore and at her feet all manner of plants sprang forth" John Deacon (13thC AD)

John J

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2020, 12:52:44 PM »
View from Mt Nebo, where it is claimed that Moses looked down upon the Holy Land, and the memorial that commemorates this fact.
At that time Moses was forbidden to enter the Holy Land. Two days before I took the photos a couple who were due to join our party were denied access from the opposite direction. I realise that they were for entirely different reasons but it still struck me as proving how little life can change in small ways even over thousands of years.
Cyprus Branch Head. Gardens in a field 40 m above sea level with reasonably fertile clay soil.
"Aphrodite emerged from the sea and came ashore and at her feet all manner of plants sprang forth" John Deacon (13thC AD)

John J

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2020, 08:58:56 AM »
The Dead Sea with a group of bathers, or should that be floaters? Photo taken from the comfort of a chair outside the restaurant while enjoying an ice-cream in the sun.