Morning walk

• 450 Replies

David Dickinson

• Email
Re: Morning walk
« Reply #450 on: October 11, 2020, 06:52:30 PM »
My garden is so small that not even 100 laps of it could seriously be considered a walk. But I dd manage to venture out this morning just to check up on seeds I sowed last weekend. I didn't expect to find anything growing. I was really making sure that they hadn't got waterlogged with all the rain we have been having recently - even though the pots I use have lids on them, rain can get in when it is heavy.

In addition to Linum usitatissimum, L grandiflorum and Crepis rubra, I also found that Salvia eigii and S taraxacifolia had germinated too. Many thanks to Charithea and Umbrian who generously gave me seeds of each salvia respectively. After a few losses this summer, if all goes well with the seedlings, I will have two new additions to juggle with in my little garden :-)
I have a small garden in Rome, Italy. Some open soil, some concrete, some paved. Temperatures in winter occasionally down to 0C. Summer temperatures up to 40C in the shade. There are never watering restrictions but, of course, there is little natural water for much of June, July and August.