Coronilla glauca

• 4 Replies

Umbrian

• Email
Coronilla glauca
« on: March 09, 2020, 08:13:37 AM »
Long time since this section had a posting. A very mild winter and early spring here in my area of Italy and many things are well advanced. My Coronilla glauca (apparently properly named Coronilla valentina subsp. glauca) is particularly beautiful now having grown to nearly five feet tall. The occasional flowers started several weeks ago and now the whole bush is smothered. The early bees and other insects love it and the flowers are long lasting giving many weeks of pleasure..
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 09:11:12 AM by Alisdair »
MGS member living and gardening in Umbria, Italy for past 19 years. Recently moved from my original house and now planning and planting a new small garden.

Umbrian

• Email
Re: Coranilla glauca
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 08:15:06 AM »
Sorry for misspelling in 'subject' - Coronilla
MGS member living and gardening in Umbria, Italy for past 19 years. Recently moved from my original house and now planning and planting a new small garden.

Hilary

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 08:30:03 AM »
Lovely, now for a close up
MGS member
Living in Korinthos, Greece.
No garden but two balconies, one facing south and the other north.
Most of my plants are succulents which need little care

Umbrian

• Email
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 07:13:59 AM »
Thanks Hilary, here is a close up of the flowers and you may spot some still in tight bud stage. Once out the flowers last for a long time and so the whole bush becomes fuller and fuller with colour as the weeks go by. It will probably be going strong after the Viburnum in front of it has flowered and past its best.

Hilary

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2020, 08:20:17 AM »
Lovely, thanks for the close up
MGS member
Living in Korinthos, Greece.
No garden but two balconies, one facing south and the other north.
Most of my plants are succulents which need little care