Plant suppliers - sedums, semprevivum and more

• 3 Replies

David Dickinson

• Email
Plant suppliers - sedums, semprevivum and more
« on: February 14, 2020, 10:19:29 AM »
This is one to add to the list if it is not already there Alisdair. https://www.sempervivum-et-cie.com/

The plants I ordered a couple of days ago arrived today. They are all large specimens, healthy and they arrived in perfect condition. Apart from the black plastic pots, all the rest of the packaging is fully biodegradable. Including what look like polystyrene balls but which are, in fact, made from expanded corn starch.
I have a small garden in Rome, Italy. Some open soil, some concrete, some paved. Temperatures in winter occasionally down to 0°C. Summer temperatures up to 40°C in the shade. There are never watering restrictions but, of course, there is little natural water for much of June, July and August.

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
Re: Plant suppliers - sedums, semprevivum and more
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 06:09:09 PM »
Thanks for that, David; looks a very interesting range.
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society

David Dickinson

• Email
Re: Plant suppliers
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 11:52:28 AM »
I was trying to find a supplier of Iris nigricans after John J's posting when I came across this mail order supplier, a one-time supplier of the said Iris. Looks like a good supplier  of bulbous plants for the future, if it is not already on your list.

http://rarebulbs.lv/index.php/en/

Cheers
I have a small garden in Rome, Italy. Some open soil, some concrete, some paved. Temperatures in winter occasionally down to 0°C. Summer temperatures up to 40°C in the shade. There are never watering restrictions but, of course, there is little natural water for much of June, July and August.

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
Re: Plant suppliers - bulbs from Latvia
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 12:23:02 PM »
David, Jānis Rukšāns has such a (deservedly) devoted following that when he has a new list it sells out so very quickly that I'm a little loth to add him to our own suppliers list.  :'( But at least people can now find him from the link in your posting!  :)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 12:24:34 PM by Alisdair »
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society