Bee orchids confirmed as Ophrys scolopax and Ophrys bertolonii

• 3 Replies

gertrude

Confirmation required please.  I believe that the enlosed photos are of Orphys Bertoloni and Orphys scolopax, found in our garden this week.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 11:55:49 AM by Alisdair »
Pete and Jan. Retired 18 years ago and moved to Le Marche, Italy for the peace and quiet of the countryside and more sunshine, where gardening became a challenge.  We now have a lovely garden with an eclectic selection of plants including many wild flowers of which we are found of.

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
Re: Bee orchids
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 09:18:24 AM »
Jan, that one's certainly O. scolopax. I'm afraid the other picture doesn't show, at least on my computer.
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society

gertrude

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 10:08:02 AM »
O Bertoloni not shown on previous post for some reason
Pete and Jan. Retired 18 years ago and moved to Le Marche, Italy for the peace and quiet of the countryside and more sunshine, where gardening became a challenge.  We now have a lovely garden with an eclectic selection of plants including many wild flowers of which we are found of.

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 11:54:36 AM »
Yes, looks like O. bertolonii
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society