Bee orchids confirmed as Ophrys scolopax and Ophrys bertolonii

• 3 Replies

gertrude

Confirmation required please.  I believe that the enlosed photos are of Orphys Bertoloni and Orphys scolopax, found in our garden this week.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 11:55:49 AM by Alisdair »
Pete and Jan retired to le Marche, Italy 20 years ago for a quiet,  sunny life.  Gardening here was a challenge, but we now have a wonderful garden, with an eclectric selection of plants,  including many wild  flowers and orchids of which we are found of.

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
Re: Bee orchids
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 09:18:24 AM »
Jan, that one's certainly O. scolopax. I'm afraid the other picture doesn't show, at least on my computer.
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society

gertrude

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 10:08:02 AM »
O Bertoloni not shown on previous post for some reason
Pete and Jan retired to le Marche, Italy 20 years ago for a quiet,  sunny life.  Gardening here was a challenge, but we now have a wonderful garden, with an eclectric selection of plants,  including many wild  flowers and orchids of which we are found of.

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 11:54:36 AM »
Yes, looks like O. bertolonii
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society