Happy 2019

• 3 Replies

Umbrian

• Email
Happy 2019
« on: January 01, 2019, 11:08:21 AM »
Wishing all Forum followers a very happy and successful gardening year in 2019.
Walking round my garden this morning in brilliant sunshine after a vey cold night it was interesting to notice that even the slightest overhead protection can protect more tender subjects.
A domed canopy over our front entrance, at a height of about 9ft at its highest point, has prevented any damage so far to a Mandevillea in a large pot just under its right extent. The one in a similar pot to the left but in the open has already succumbed to several nights of minus temperatures.
MGS member living and gardening in Umbria, Italy for past 19 years. Recently moved from my original house and now planning and planting a new small garden.

Fermi

• Email
Re: Happy 2019
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 02:40:27 PM »
Yes,
here's to a 2019 which is not too hot, not too cold and just enough rain to keep the plants happy! ;D
Here are some "fireworks" from the garden today - seedheads of Clematis 'Golden Tiara' and flowers of an Agapanthus hybrid
cheers
fermi
Mr F de Sousa, Central Victoria, Australia
member of AGS, SRGC, NARGS
working as a physio to support my gardening habit!

Charithea

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 04:42:06 PM »
Happy New Year from me too. Fermi the photos of the clematis are very festive. The New Year arrived  here with thunder, lightning and lots of rain. It was raining until 7 in the morning.  It makes me happy that my seedlings don't need watering. Happy gardening to you all .
I garden in Cyprus, in a flat old farming field, alt. approx. 30 m asl.

Hilary

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 05:13:18 PM »
Wishing you Health,Wealth and Happiness for 2019

On New Year's Day, just after midnight, we gather round a table and throw mixed nuts on it. This custom is thought to  come from Asia Minor but apart from my husband's extended family we have not heard of anyone else starting off the New Year in this way.
If you look closely you can see raisins, pistachio nuts and almonds, Greek products,  among the more exotic nuts 
MGS member
Living in Korinthos, Greece.
No garden but two balconies, one facing south and the other north.
Most of my plants are succulents which need little care