MGS AGM 2018 held in Alicante, Spain

• 2 Replies

John J

MGS AGM 2018 held in Alicante, Spain
« on: December 07, 2018, 09:44:43 AM »
On today's MGS Facebook page Alisdair has posted a photo of one of the courtyards in the Moorish-style Tea Garden near the town of Elche that we visited during the above event. Apart from bringing back pleasant memories this spurred me to look back over the photos I had taken during this trip. Below are photos of some of the other courtyards in the same establishment.
Cyprus Branch Head. Gardens in a field 40 m above sea level with reasonably fertile clay soil.
"Aphrodite emerged from the sea and came ashore and at her feet all manner of plants sprang forth" John Deacon (13thC AD)

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
Re: MGS AGM 2018 held in Alicante, Spain
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 10:02:45 AM »
Thanks, John! I've put a link to these photos on the Facebook page.
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society

Umbrian

• Email
Re: MGS AGM 2018 held in Alicante, Spain
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 08:19:15 AM »
Very pretty and relaxing John but I think I might have difficulty getting up again if I chose to relax on the beautiful rug........especially after a few hours gardening.
MGS member living and gardening in Umbria, Italy for past 19 years. Recently moved from my original house and now planning and planting a new small garden.