Crassula perforata

• 3 Replies

Charithea

Crassula perforata
« on: November 25, 2018, 03:51:59 PM »
Hello and apologies for not responding earlier. I was short of time. I love the succulents.  For many years I was indifferent to Cactus and Succulents.  I especially hated the little cactus in a tiny pot given to me as a present.  I am glad to say that I have changed my negative stance.  The Cactus and Succulent Society here in Cyprus did a great job in promoting them and in persuading gardeners to get rid of water thirsty lawns and plants. Every May the society holds  a 2 day exhibition and sales of plants.  It is supported by many people here who live in very hot cities and wish to have a few living plants in their homes. We also have acquired a few cactus and a variety of  succulents that defy the heat and drought.  Some even have lovely flowers.  I am posting a bad photo of our Crassula perforata. Poor thing is doing its best to cheer us up until the rest of the garden wakes up.
I garden in Cyprus, in a flat old farming field, alt. approx. 30 m asl.

Hilary

Re: Crassula perforata
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 04:37:04 PM »
I think I have one just like it but no flowers as yet.
I must note down the name.
Do you give them any special food?
MGS member
Living in Korinthos, Greece.
No garden but two balconies, one facing south and the other north.
Most of my plants are succulents which need little care

Charithea

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 05:42:29 AM »
Hi Hilary. As you can see I have left the r out of the name on the label. It is Crassula perforata.  No,  I don't give it anything. I know a lady that 'feeds' them and they are more robust and flower more.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 12:19:27 PM by Charithea »
I garden in Cyprus, in a flat old farming field, alt. approx. 30 m asl.

Umbrian

• Email
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 08:03:50 AM »
Small cactus in pots are very popular here in Italy where so many people in the towns and cities do not have a garden and many not even a terrace. The variety is amazing and I am sure if ever I found myself in that position I would become quite passionate about them, Jorun's Euphorbia being top of th list. What an interesting family of plants that is by the way,  can't imagine what I would do without some of the varieties I cultivate....
MGS member living and gardening in Umbria, Italy for past 19 years. Recently moved from my original house and now planning and planting a new small garden.