Duranta seeds

• 1 Replies

Daisy

Duranta seeds
« on: September 04, 2011, 10:39:15 AM »
After reading Umbrians thread about the unknown shrub, which Oron identified as Duranta erecta Geisha Girl, I was filled with lust :o :o :o. I had to find it.
I knew my local suppliers only had Duranta erecta/repens, so I googled it.
As usual, all the nurseries were in America, Australia and New Zealand, until I found this.

http://www.fleur-des-tropiques.com/PBCPPlayer.asp?ID=178216

It is a nursery on the island of Reunion. Although it is not mediterranean, it has seeds of a number of plants that grow in mediterranean climates, including, Duranta erecta Geisha Girl. ;D ;D ;D
Daisy :)

Amateur gardener, who has gardened in Surrey and Cornwall, England, but now has a tiny garden facing north west, near the coast in north east Crete. It is 300 meters above sea level. On a steep learning curve!!! Member of both MGS and RHS

Daisy

Re: Duranta seeds
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 10:08:06 AM »
Just to say. I ordered some seeds from this company on line, on the 4th September.
They have arrived this morning the 9th September.
Very quick and efficient!  8) 8) 8)
Daisy :)
Amateur gardener, who has gardened in Surrey and Cornwall, England, but now has a tiny garden facing north west, near the coast in north east Crete. It is 300 meters above sea level. On a steep learning curve!!! Member of both MGS and RHS