Oron Peri's website

• 7 Replies

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
Oron Peri's website
« on: July 13, 2018, 10:53:44 AM »
Oron Peri, author of Bulbs of the Eastern Mediterranean, fellow moderator of this forum, and plant identifier extraordinaire, has (as many of you know) also developed Seeds of Peace, a small nursery raising seeds of rare mediterranean-climate bulbous plants.
Seeds of Peace now has a web site: seedsofpeace.info. This has all the current stock information etc.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 08:01:15 AM by Alisdair »
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society

Umbrian

• Email
Re: Oron Peri's website
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 07:11:09 AM »
Sorry Alisdair but this does not work- every time I tried it insisted on taking me to the Seeds of Peace.org websites- an American organisation.........
MGS member living and gardening in Umbria, Italy for past 19 years. Recently moved from my original house and now planning and planting a new small garden.

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 08:04:26 AM »
Thanks, Carole! I had tried it and it did work OK for me, but I've now fiddled with it a bit and it should I hope now work for you too. If it still doesn't, it must mean that your computer has somehow cached a link to seedsofpeace.org (different outfit) and is naughtily substituting that.
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society

John J

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 08:22:36 AM »
Hi Carole and Alisdair,
Just seen this and tried it and it worked for me.
Cyprus Branch Head. Gardens in a field 40 m above sea level with reasonably fertile clay soil.
"Aphrodite emerged from the sea and came ashore and at her feet all manner of plants sprang forth" John Deacon (13thC AD)

David Dickinson

• Email
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 02:22:21 PM »
Hi

Link works for me too.
I have a small garden in Rome, Italy. Some open soil, some concrete, some paved. Temperatures in winter occasionally down to 0°C. Summer temperatures up to 40°C in the shade. There are never watering restrictions but, of course, there is little natural water for much of June, July and August.

Umbrian

• Email
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 07:34:18 AM »
Will try again....
MGS member living and gardening in Umbria, Italy for past 19 years. Recently moved from my original house and now planning and planting a new small garden.

Umbrian

• Email
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 07:38:54 AM »
Success! -  thank you Alisdair

Fermi

• Email
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2018, 10:28:39 AM »
In Australia we can only order seed  :'( (unless you have very deep pockets for quarantine procedures!) but we found out about the website a few weeks earlier and I've just received a note from Oron to say my order is on its way ;D
cheers
fermi
Mr F de Sousa, Central Victoria, Australia
member of AGS, SRGC, NARGS
working as a physio to support my gardening habit!