My garden today

• 2 Replies

Janet Ibbotson

My garden today
« on: March 03, 2018, 07:15:27 PM »
My garden is on the North East coast of Skopelos at about 100 metres above sea level.  Today was the first real day of spring and I promised I'd try to post some pictures.   Most of the garden is not irrigated and has to survive on little attention in the summer months when we rent the house out to guests.  Hence I try to focus on shape and foliage rather than flowers.
Janet Ibbotson
MGS Member currently based in Skopelos, Greece but also gardens in Norfolk

Umbrian

• Email
Re: My garden today
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 08:04:22 AM »
Well done Janet - you have some lovely planting showing how variations in form and colour, even if mainly foliage, can make a very attractive garden. I particularly like the stepped path area where one of my favourite ' backbone' plants - Euphorbia-  makes its mark and softens the hard landscaping. In the photograph it is in flower but even when not it continues to have an impact.
MGS member living and gardening in Umbria, Italy for past 19 years. Recently moved from my original house and now planning and planting a new small garden.

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
Re: My garden today
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 09:16:37 AM »
Lovely pictures, Janet, and a lovely garden; thanks so much - keep them coming!
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society