Lost an answer to my question on a salvia

• 2 Replies

Janet Ibbotson

Lost an answer to my question on a salvia
« on: February 28, 2018, 10:25:10 AM »
Hi Alasdair,

I did a search for my question and the response to an id on a salvia I have. I cannot find it.  I also checked "my messages" and there are only three there.  I have posted many more than that.  Have they disappeared or am I looking in the wrong place?

Regards.
Janet
Janet Ibbotson
MGS Member currently based in Skopelos, Greece but also gardens in Norfolk

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
Re: Lost an answer to my question on a salvia
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 09:16:43 AM »
Janet, you have to look in the place on the website where you originally posted your message. So for the salvia try looking here: Salvia IDd as Salvia somalensis (click on that link); I have checked that several dozen different postings from you are all on the site in their various places - I'm sure you haven't lost any
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society

Janet Ibbotson

Re: Lost an answer to my question on a salvia
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 04:51:00 PM »
Thank you Alasdair.  Your patience is much appreciated.  I was looking in "my messages" and not in "posts".  It is, of course, Salvia pomifera.  My original plant is now old and leggy but while weeding underneath it yesterday I found a lot of seedlings, presumably they liked last summer's heat, so I am potting them on (now with proper names on the labels) and hope to have about 20 new plants come spring.  My next task is to work out how to post photographs on the forum, something I've never mastered and the main reason I rarely contribute as I would like to.  You may hear from me again soon!   Janet
Janet Ibbotson
MGS Member currently based in Skopelos, Greece but also gardens in Norfolk