looking for a photo

• 3 Replies

Hilary

looking for a photo
« on: September 13, 2017, 12:37:46 PM »
Bulbs (including other geophytes with corms, tubers, rhizomes etc) / Compost for bulbs
« by John on February 04, 2012, 12:04:17 PM »
......  that I must do something with my neglected Cyclamen. Some e.g. C. graecum and C. rohlfsianum stay in  ............  some of those in the repandum group and C. purpurascens start to sulk when the compost deteriorates and  ............  also prompted when I received my copy of "Common Cyclamen (Cyclamen purpurascens Mill.) and its diversity  ............  Slovenia" by Joze Bavcon from the Cyclamen Society, he was successfully growing this species  ............  mould compost. The picture is of a fairly old C. purpurascens with my hand for scale, it is about 17 cm across.  ......

I am looking for a photo of Cyclamen purpurascens and by searching in the Forum I came across this reference.
However, I can't find the photo
Help
MGS member
Living in Korinthos, Greece.
No garden but two balconies, one facing south and the other north.
Most of my plants are succulents which need little care

Fleur Pavlidis

• Global Moderator
Re: looking for a photo
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 11:18:20 AM »
Hilary, John's  photos are of the corm, not the flower. I'm afraid no one else has posted this flower though Oron or Alisdair might help?
MGS member, Greece. I garden in Attica, Greece and Mt Goulinas (450m) Central Greece

Hilary

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 01:05:35 PM »
Ah!corm. That explains the 17cm across
MGS member
Living in Korinthos, Greece.
No garden but two balconies, one facing south and the other north.
Most of my plants are succulents which need little care

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 11:06:25 AM »
Sorry, Hilary and Fleur, but I don't have (or at least can't find) a purpurascens photo!
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society