Index

• 5 Replies

Hilary

Index
« on: August 15, 2017, 09:23:34 AM »
Sitting on the beach reading some back issues of THE MEDITERRANEAN GARDEN,  while waiting for the wind to drop and the stinging jellyfish to go away, it occurred to me that yet another index would have been useful to me for my postage  stamp / TMG project.
The journal index is excellent for finding plant , and bird, references but I sometimes felt the need of finding an article devoted to Australia , Lebanon, Turkey, Morocco etc
Something on the lines of
AUSTRALIA, 9,72,89
GEORGIA,72
ISRAEL 38,72

I wonder if others would find  a country index helpful
MGS member
Living in Korinthos, Greece.
No garden but two balconies, one facing south and the other north.
Most of my plants are succulents which need little care

JTh

• Email
Re: Index
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 01:51:00 PM »
Go the the MGS website and use the 'Search' field. Fill in any word you wish and press 'Search',  it will at the start give you several Google ads, which you can skip, but further down you may find many references both to TMG and the MGS website. I tried all the words you mentioned and found something for all of them.
Retired veterinary surgeon by training with a PhD in parasitology,  but worked as a virologist since 1992.
Member of the MGS  since 2004. Gardening in Oslo and to a limited extent in Halkidiki, Greece.

Hilary

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 05:38:50 AM »
Yes, you are quite right to point out THE MEDITERRANEAN GARDEN SOCIETY's search engine on the website but it doesn't quite fit my needs.
i know there is an article written about Lebanon in THE MEDITERRANEAN GARDEN and wonder if there are any more. I don't want to read through dozens of references to the Cedar of Lebanon. What I need, and possibly others need also, is something like this
LEBANON, No 85,The Terraced Landscapes of the Qadisha Valley
MGS member

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 08:36:40 AM »
So what you are suggesting is an additional set of country entries in the TMG index, rather than an add-on for the Forum?
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society

Hilary

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 09:04:01 AM »
Yes
Nobody else seems interested or horrified by the idea, more work for some already overworked volunteer.

Meanwhile , sitting on the beach, reading past issues of THE MEDITERRANEAN GARDEN I am coming across articles which I don't remember at all and others that are old favorites
MGS member

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 12:42:34 PM »
Sounds idyllic.
At the moment the journal's editor Caroline Harbouri does all the indexing herself. I imagine that she might be more tempted to include country names if anyone suggesting this actually volunteered to do that part of it!  8)
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society