Allergies

• 2 Replies

Joanna Savage

Allergies
« on: June 08, 2017, 10:55:54 AM »
Does anyone have tips for dealing with allergies, the streaming nose and eyes type? This summer here in Toscana is very dry with a drying wind for most of the day. The air seems to be laden with dust and pollen. Cutting back grey leaved plants is especially affecting. I have tried working in the earliest part of the morning when there is a little humidity in the air but then  the biting insects join the party. I find a face mask sometimes helps, I haven't tried goggles, but perhaps I should. Any ideas would be most welcome.

JTh

• Email
Re: Allergies
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 10:04:14 PM »
Antihistamines?
Retired veterinary surgeon by training with a PhD in parasitology,  but worked as a virologist since 1992.
Member of the MGS  since 2004. Gardening in Oslo and to a limited extent in Halkidiki, Greece.

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
Re: Allergies
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 09:48:14 AM »
I started suffering about five or six years ago, and find that little chlorphenamine tablets always do the trick
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society