Glow worm confirmed

• 1 Replies

David Dickinson

• Email
Glow worm confirmed
« on: June 05, 2017, 04:31:16 AM »
After having seen glow worms while cleaning up the garden in spring I was puzzled that I hadn't seen any glowing. That is until tonight. After one or two limoncellos too many https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limoncello and at twenty past three (or was it quarter past four? Those little hands have always confused me), I saw a glowing out of the corner of which eye I do not know. But cameras, although they may accentuate, never lie.
I have a small garden in Rome, Italy. Some open soil, some concrete, some paved. Temperatures in winter occasionally down to 0°C. Summer temperatures up to 40°C in the shade. There are never watering restrictions but, of course, there is little natural water for much of June, July and August.

JayB

Re: Glow worm confirmed
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 11:19:51 AM »
I often find them in the yard but like you had not seen one glowing until last year when my Mum was out here for a visit and we had a few beverages too many and at about the same hour the dog found one glowing.
It was very cool but I may have been beyond picture taking capabilities at that point because next day there was not one usable picture I had taken.
G'day from an Aussie in Spain. Currently attempting a total garden overhaul.