Glow worm confirmed

• 1 Replies

David Dickinson

• Email
Glow worm confirmed
« on: June 05, 2017, 04:31:16 AM »
After having seen glow worms while cleaning up the garden in spring I was puzzled that I hadn't seen any glowing. That is until tonight. After one or two limoncellos too many https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limoncello and at twenty past three (or was it quarter past four? Those little hands have always confused me), I saw a glowing out of the corner of which eye I do not know. But cameras, although they may accentuate, never lie.
I have a small garden in Rome, Italy. Some open soil, some concrete, some paved. Temperatures in winter occasionally down to 0C. Summer temperatures up to 40C in the shade. There are never watering restrictions but, of course, there is little natural water for much of June, July and August.

JayB

Re: Glow worm confirmed
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 11:19:51 AM »
I often find them in the yard but like you had not seen one glowing until last year when my Mum was out here for a visit and we had a few beverages too many and at about the same hour the dog found one glowing.
It was very cool but I may have been beyond picture taking capabilities at that point because next day there was not one usable picture I had taken.
G'day from an Aussie in Spain. Currently attempting a total garden overhaul.