Posting photos for identification of flowers

• 3 Replies

stella

Posting photos for identification of flowers
« on: June 03, 2017, 12:22:10 PM »
I am using PHOTOfunSTUDIO 9.6 PE, the program I received with my Panasonic camera, and have now worked out how to reduce the size of photos, but is there an e-mail address to send them to? How do I actually post them on the MGS site? I'd be most grateful for any help.
Many thanks in advance.
Stella

Fleur Pavlidis

• Global Moderator
Re: Posting photos for identification of flowers
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 04:02:35 PM »
Sorry, Stella, we all seem to have missed your question. If you look at a post by Alisdair under How the Forum works called Posting Photos he goes through all the steps. It looks complicated to start with but since your photos are already the right size the hard bit is done.
MGS member, Greece. I garden in Attica, Greece and Mt Goulinas (450m) Central Greece

stella

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 04:21:31 PM »
Thanks, Fleur.  Alisdair did send me detailed instructions on how to post photos, but I am only able to send them by e-mail and do not have an address. (He also told me that my photos did need to be reduced, but somehow I worked out how to do so - though that was some time ago and I have probably forgotten in the mean time.) I am leaving tomorrow for holiday in France and England, but will try again once I return.
Thanks again, Stella

JTh

• Email
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 07:40:03 PM »
Stella, I wonder why you can't post photos when you are able to post texts, like you have done here. When you have opened a window to write your text, do you see a small grey square with a + sign  followed by 'Attachments and other options' on the left hand side just below the rectangel you are texting in?

I should also add that  to post a photo does not mean that it is sent to an email address, but you add it as an attachment to your text, using the link I described above.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 07:52:43 PM by JTh »
Retired veterinary surgeon by training with a PhD in parasitology,  but worked as a virologist since 1992.
Member of the MGS  since 2004. Gardening in Oslo and to a limited extent in Halkidiki, Greece.