The MGS Forum
May 28, 2017, 07:22:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the MGS forum!

Home   Help Search Links Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Salvia namaensis  (Read 110 times)
David Dickinson

Email
« on: May 13, 2017, 03:58:33 PM »

This a new Salvia for me this year. I saw it on a chance visit to the botanical garden in Milan. There is a varied collection of Salvias there and as it was January I thought to myself "Whatever survives a winter here will certainly survive a Rome winter". It turns out that our winter this year was much colder than that in Milan so let's see what happens to my new purchase.

I was drawn immediately by the brightness of the green leaves and their unusual size and shape. Reading up on it after I got home I found out that this is its main feature as the flowers are nothing to write home about. The aroma of the leaves is very attractive too, though.

* IMG_2446a.jpg (99.36 KB, 623x465 - viewed 13 times.)

* IMG_2440a.jpg (232.21 KB, 523x701 - viewed 11 times.)

I have a small garden in Rome, Italy. Some open soil, some concrete, some paved. Temperatures in winter occasionally down to 0°C. Summer temperatures up to 40°C in the shade. There are never watering restrictions but, of course, there is little natural water for much of June, July and August.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: