Twiggy plant ID'd by Fermi as Corokia cotoneaster

• 2 Replies

Umbrian

• Email
Twiggy plant ID'd by Fermi as Corokia cotoneaster
« on: April 23, 2017, 08:52:48 AM »
Can anybody identify this plant for me? It was given to me by my young helper who saw it at a small nursery she visited that was full of unusual plants. It is in a small pot and the growth is very "twiggy" I think the shape of the leaves might be a clue- the new ones are a bright shiny green but appear to darken considerably when older - white/ grey on the underside. I did think of Corokia as I think I detect a spine on one piece of the lower growth but the shape of the leaves did not seem to fit....
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 06:32:59 PM by Alisdair »
MGS member living and gardening in Umbria, Italy for past 19 years. Recently moved from my original house and now planning and planting a new small garden.

Fermi

• Email
Re: Name?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 03:18:04 PM »
It looks like Corokia cotoneaster to me,
cheers
fermi
Mr F de Sousa, Central Victoria, Australia
member of AGS, SRGC, NARGS
working as a physio to support my gardening habit!

Umbrian

• Email
Re: Name?
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 04:55:59 PM »
Thanks Fermi- we seem to be of the same mind.......wonder if anyone else has other ideas......if not I shall feel quite proud at having dredged this name from the far depths of my memory......even simple names seems to escape me at times these days :)
MGS member living and gardening in Umbria, Italy for past 19 years. Recently moved from my original house and now planning and planting a new small garden.