Scilla peruviana

• 3 Replies

JTh

• Email
Scilla peruviana
« on: April 18, 2017, 06:17:01 PM »
I planted a few bulbs  of Scilla peruviana which I got in Portugal in 2013,  a couple of them flowered for the first time this year; the flowers were worth waiting for. The harsh winter certainly didn't seem to harm them in any way.

_4187230.jpg Scilla peruviana
by Jorun Tharaldsen, on Flickr
Retired veterinary surgeon by training with a PhD in parasitology,  but worked as a virologist since 1992.
Member of the MGS  since 2004. Gardening in Oslo and to a limited extent in Halkidiki, Greece.

Charithea

Re: Scilla peruviana
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 04:38:59 PM »
They look lovely. We have had flowers on the Scillas  really early in the year. These are the ones given to us when we visited Sparoza  at last year's AGM.  I was surprised that they flowered so quickly. We have some more in the ground that have been in for a few years but have  produced only foliage.
I garden in Cyprus, in a flat old farming field, alt. approx. 30 m asl.

Hilary

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 06:41:55 PM »
Jorun,
I think I would sit all day long looking at it!
Wonderful
MGS member
Living in Korinthos, Greece.
No garden but two balconies, one facing south and the other north.
Most of my plants are succulents which need little care

JTh

• Email
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 05:51:42 PM »
Thank you, Hillary, photos last longer than the flowers, but it is of course not quite the same thing as seeing them  live.
Retired veterinary surgeon by training with a PhD in parasitology,  but worked as a virologist since 1992.
Member of the MGS  since 2004. Gardening in Oslo and to a limited extent in Halkidiki, Greece.