Jasminum mesnyi

• 1 Replies

Umbrian

• Email
Jasminum mesnyi
« on: April 07, 2017, 10:28:12 AM »
I have always regarded this as a climber, albeit needing support, or a lax bush. Mine is magnificent this year revelling in the early warm weather we have been enjoying for weeks now. Yesterday however I was amazed to see a very thick, neat hedge of Jasminum mesnyi -  covered in flowers. Knowing the Italian's penchant for pruning most things very hard I don't suppose I should have been surprised - the amount of bloom was amazing though, and quite stunning.
MGS member living and gardening in Umbria, Italy for past 19 years. Recently moved from my original house and now planning and planting a new small garden.

psroseguy

• Email
Re: Jasminum mesnyi
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 04:13:35 PM »
My Grandfather had a massive old one trained inside a sturdy frame about 8' tall that was allowed to cascade down in every direction. It formed a private garden room inside which added to it's year long fascination. It was quite a secret magical place to hide especially on a warm days when we were children, always benign, cool, lovely  and fascinating.  :)
Lifelong Gardener, native Californian, residing in Rancho Mirage near Palm Springs, CA for the past 25 years

Retired from the nursery industry. I've been playing at hybridizing roses for fun and profit since about 2000. Graduate Horticulture program Cal Poly San Luis Obispo 1982.