Recycling in the garden

• 2 Replies

JTh

• Email
Recycling in the garden
« on: January 24, 2017, 10:33:42 AM »
This did not quite fit the label 'Art in the garden', and I doubt I'm going to use this idea myself, but here is an example of recycling in the garden, which I saw in a garden belonging to a restaurant/hotel near Nuwara Eliya, Sri Lanka.

_B085457 Garden design in Nuwara Eliya.jpg
by Jorun Tharaldsen, on Flickr

To be fair, this was not the most prominent part of the garden, which was beautifully situated on a steep hill overlooking the Ramboda falls.

_B085449 Agapanthus.jpg
by Jorun Tharaldsen, on Flickr
Retired veterinary surgeon by training with a PhD in parasitology,  but worked as a virologist since 1992.
Member of the MGS  since 2004. Gardening in Oslo and to a limited extent in Halkidiki, Greece.

Charithea

Re: Recycling in the garden
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 11:33:09 AM »
Jorun, here in Cyprus they used to use, but not so much now, oil drums filled with soil to terrace their fields. They were usually accompanied by rows of artichokes. They did not look so attractive.
I garden in Cyprus, in a flat old farming field, alt. approx. 30 m asl.

JTh

• Email
Re: Recycling in the garden
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 12:17:13 PM »
I suppose oil drums are more stable that these beer cans, which are rather flimsy; they were also very shiny.
Retired veterinary surgeon by training with a PhD in parasitology,  but worked as a virologist since 1992.
Member of the MGS  since 2004. Gardening in Oslo and to a limited extent in Halkidiki, Greece.