Yellow oleander

• 4 Replies
Yellow oleander
« on: October 18, 2016, 06:57:50 PM »
I wonder if anyone of you here know where it is possible to buy the plant or seeds of yellow oleander (cascabela thevetia or thevetia peruviana)?

I've been long in search of this particular plant, but all my searches were in vain. Most of oleanders were pink, red, white or beige. I'd like to find the bright yellow one.

Preferable somewhere in Europe, if possible closer to Scandinavia (Norway, Sweden or Denmark) or in Slovenia, southern Germany (Munchen area), Austria (Salzburg or Vienna region), northern Italy, Moldavian Romania or Moldova?
Alexandr, yellow oleander (cascabela thevetia, thevetia peruviana) passionate

David Dickinson

• Email
Re: Yellow oleander
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 10:38:15 PM »
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Yellow Oleander as in cascabela thevetia is a plant that I don't recall seeing in Rome. Reading up about it, maybe that is either because our winters are too cold or our summers are too dry. Or maybe I have just overlooked it. What I do see around is the yellow flowered Nerium oleander luteum. There is a pale version of this just around the corner from my house and I would be happy to get some cuttings going for you. You may have to wait until things warm up next summer though. Let me know-

David
I have a small garden in Rome, Italy. Some open soil, some concrete, some paved. Temperatures in winter occasionally down to 0°C. Summer temperatures up to 40°C in the shade. There are never watering restrictions but, of course, there is little natural water for much of June, July and August.

David Dickinson

• Email
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 10:43:47 PM »
Hi again,

Noticed this: www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-FRESH-Thevetia-Peruviana-Cascabela-Thevetia-Lucky-Nut-Yellow-Oleander-Seeds-/152038804377?hash=item2366380b99:g:RC0AAOSwFNZWu1Y- on ebay uk for seeds. NOT a recommendation as I have never bought anything from them but perhaps worth a try.

I read that seeds need to be sown while fresh so maybe now is the time to go for it!
I have a small garden in Rome, Italy. Some open soil, some concrete, some paved. Temperatures in winter occasionally down to 0°C. Summer temperatures up to 40°C in the shade. There are never watering restrictions but, of course, there is little natural water for much of June, July and August.

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 06:37:37 PM »
Thank you, David.

I am interested only in the bright yellow, not pale yellow sort.

I am a bit unsure of ebay offer when it comes to plants. Therefore, I am looking for some reliable plant shops which might sell this sort of oleander.

Alexandr, yellow oleander (cascabela thevetia, thevetia peruviana) passionate

mrfungi667

• Pirates Ayahuasca
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2020, 12:02:20 AM »
I hope you find what your looking for..

Jamison
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 10:02:09 PM by mrfungi667 »