An artist's garden

• 4 Replies

John J

An artist's garden
« on: October 16, 2016, 04:25:57 PM »
I don't think there can be any doubt that the garden we visited today is an artist's garden. Part of it is being created as accommodation for guests and/or short-term holiday lets. I'm at a loss to describe the rather quirky style; an eclectic mix of fantastic, futuristic, oriental perhaps with a strong hint of Gaudi? What do you think?
Cyprus Branch Head. Gardens in a field 40 m above sea level with reasonably fertile clay soil.
"Aphrodite emerged from the sea and came ashore and at her feet all manner of plants sprang forth" John Deacon (13thC AD)

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
Re: An artist's garden
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 05:48:47 PM »
I can't think of any better descriptive word than "fun"!
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society

Fermi

• Email
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 11:20:49 AM »
Definitely fun!
Somewhere between Gaudi and Tolkien ;D
cheers
fermi
Mr F de Sousa, Central Victoria, Australia
member of AGS, SRGC, NARGS
working as a physio to support my gardening habit!

JTh

• Email
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 02:56:40 PM »
Fun? Yes! I guess the style could be called fantasy as well?
Retired veterinary surgeon by training with a PhD in parasitology,  but worked as a virologist since 1992.
Member of the MGS  since 2004. Gardening in Oslo and to a limited extent in Halkidiki, Greece.

Charithea

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 03:00:09 PM »
My ipad and my old computer are in sinc again hence the photos.  I spotted this garden which is situated a few meters away from my dentist' surgery and decided some of you might enjoy its colour. I could not locate the owner to ask for a tour of the back garden so i took three photos of the front and side.  Next week when I return to the dentist i will knock on the door and ask to exchange cuttings.
I garden in Cyprus, in a flat old farming field, alt. approx. 30 m asl.