Landscape gardener near Kissamos?

• 2 Replies

JaneAnn

• Email
Landscape gardener near Kissamos?
« on: September 16, 2016, 01:54:50 PM »
Hello everyone.  I am new to the MGS.  We moved into our house at Kissamos last October and at present are still living in a desert!  We bought a terraced olive grove and turning it into a garden is going to be quite a challenge so I think we need help and advice, although I have found the MGS website extremely useful so far.

Can anyone recommend a landscape gardener in our area?  We have a good garden centre, and have also visited En' Kupo near Chania, but it would be good to have a meaningful chat about our ideas with someone who does this sort of thing for a living.

Many thanks.
Jane

John J

Re: Landscape gardener near Kissamos?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 02:50:14 PM »
Hi JaneAnn, welcome to the Society and to the Forum. Have you tried contacting Valerie Whittington the MGS Branch Head for Crete? Her contact details are on the website Home page under Branches - Crete. She may be able to point you in the right direction or she and other members on the island may be willing to share their experiences of gardening in similar circumstances.
Cyprus Branch Head. Gardens in a field 40 m above sea level with reasonably fertile clay soil.
"Aphrodite emerged from the sea and came ashore and at her feet all manner of plants sprang forth" John Deacon (13thC AD)

JaneAnn

• Email
Re: Landscape gardener near Kissamos?
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 05:59:38 PM »
Hi!  Thanks for your suggestion.  I was actually in touch with Valerie before we moved here and hadn't thought of asking her advice about this but will do so now.

Best wishes,
Jane