Shades of blue

• 18 Replies

David Dickinson

• Email
Re: Shades of blue
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2020, 09:29:35 AM »
I think I should hand in my notice at the British Council over the "American Cup Affair". To make matters worse, frustrated as I was with what Umbrian rightly points out as an "annoying" measuring system for baking, I gave in and bought a set of American measuring cups. As measuring cups work on volume their is no exact general weight equivalent. You need  find the weight equivalent of the specific ingredient you are using. A cup of sugar weighs more than a cup of oats, I understand. :'(
I have a small garden in Rome, Italy. Some open soil, some concrete, some paved. Temperatures in winter occasionally down to 0C. Summer temperatures up to 40C in the shade. There are never watering restrictions but, of course, there is little natural water for much of June, July and August.

Hilary

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2020, 09:34:04 AM »
I thought about going round the house and measuring all the different cup sizes there seem to be .
MGS member
Living in Korinthos, Greece.
No garden but two balconies, one facing south and the other north.
Most of my plants are succulents which need little care

Charithea

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2020, 10:32:51 AM »
Our Clerodedrum bungei has flowered. It took  its time. It is not as good as it was the first time but I have learnt to be grateful for any blooms.
I garden in Cyprus, in a flat old farming field, alt. approx. 30 m asl.

Charithea

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2020, 12:01:46 PM »
I am posting a photo of our Clerodendrum trichotomum variety fargesii. It was given to me by Sue Wake. In fact she dug it up from her garden, in Lagouraxi, as I had expressed admiration of her flowering tree in her garden in Pelio. It made its way here like all my other cuttings and a Good site was found to plant it. In the winter the tree became just a stick and kept shrinking but when the spring came along, it came alive with a lot of branches. I am not sure if it will flower this autumn but I am happy to wait. I am posting a photo of Sue's tree from last October.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 12:16:29 PM by Charithea »
I garden in Cyprus, in a flat old farming field, alt. approx. 30 m asl.