A to Z of plants continuation

• 153 Replies

John J

Re: A to Z of plants continuation
« Reply #150 on: September 04, 2019, 06:01:06 AM »
Today I have included a cactus, Tephrocactus articulatus var papyracanthus. Very easy to grow as pieces break away and root readily.
The third photo is, I believe, T. articulatus var inermis but there appears to be such a wide variety that I'm willing to be corrected.
Cyprus Branch Head. Gardens in a field 40 m above sea level with reasonably fertile clay soil.
"Aphrodite emerged from the sea and came ashore and at her feet all manner of plants sprang forth" John Deacon (13thC AD)

John J

« Reply #151 on: September 05, 2019, 02:08:07 PM »
We have 4 different Thunbergia.
Thunbergia alata and T. alata 'Arizona Dark Red' (unfortunately not in flower).
T. erecta.
T. grandiflora.
Cyprus Branch Head. Gardens in a field 40 m above sea level with reasonably fertile clay soil.
"Aphrodite emerged from the sea and came ashore and at her feet all manner of plants sprang forth" John Deacon (13thC AD)

John J

« Reply #152 on: September 06, 2019, 05:04:39 PM »
Tradescantia make useful ground cover. We have a few varieties including, T. pallida 'Purpurea', T. sillamontana, and T. spathacea among them.

John J

« Reply #153 on: September 07, 2019, 06:08:55 AM »
Tulbaghia violacea looks good when planted en-masse but can emit a strong smell of onions.