Groasis waterboxx

• 5 Replies

John J

Groasis waterboxx
« on: February 18, 2016, 11:58:06 AM »
Heard about this yesterday and went along to the importer today to try to find out more info. Apparently it is a system developed by a Dutch company primarily designed to assist in establishing trees in extreme conditions, ie deserts. This guy has started to bring them into Cyprus in the hope of finding a market, I assume, though whether or not he will do so is a moot point. Has anyone else come across this product? See htpps://www.groasis.com.
Cyprus Branch Head. Gardens in a field 40 m above sea level with reasonably fertile clay soil.
"Aphrodite emerged from the sea and came ashore and at her feet all manner of plants sprang forth" John Deacon (13thC AD)

Re: Groasis waterboxx
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 03:54:41 PM »
I have just discovered this company and its groasis box. It seems very interesting and certainly worth trying. I will try a couple when planting this fall and share my experience.
Has anyone else heard about this groasis box ? Www.groasis.com and many YouTube videos.
Jacques Séguin. Rediscovered gardening when acquiring land in Antiparos facing the see in 2016

John J

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 05:14:45 PM »
I acquired one of these boxes last year when they were introduced to the island. I don't know of anyone else who has tried them. My trial was a resounding failure. I realise that this is not enough to condemn the product out of hand and I'll be interested to hear about your experiences.
Cyprus Branch Head. Gardens in a field 40 m above sea level with reasonably fertile clay soil.
"Aphrodite emerged from the sea and came ashore and at her feet all manner of plants sprang forth" John Deacon (13thC AD)

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 11:08:16 PM »
The groasis box is promoted strongly on the web with multiple videos, and it looks very tempting.
For some reason I can't find any over 2 years follow up data, and makes me wonder if these boxes are really efficient..
Does anyone have a practical long term experience?
This would be so helpful.
Jacques Séguin. Rediscovered gardening when acquiring land in Antiparos facing the see in 2016

Fleur Pavlidis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 08:19:48 AM »
I searched fruitlessly for follow up studies too. I'm afraid given John J's experience above this will have to be filed under "too good to be true".
MGS member, Greece. I garden in Attica, Greece and Mt Goulinas (450m) Central Greece

John J

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 11:55:51 AM »
I'm not submitting this as a serious scientific experiment, I could be doing things all wrong, but this is my waterboxx after more than a year in situ. Despite the claims that it is not necessary I do water it at intervals. The tree has not grown a cm in that time and looks decidedly unhappy.