• 260 Replies

Hilary

Re: Morning walk
« Reply #255 on: September 24, 2018, 08:52:17 AM »
Just to remind you of the living wall in Madrid
It is now several years old and some plants appear to do better than others
MGS member
Living in Korinthos, Greece.
No garden but two balconies, one facing south and the other north.
Most of my plants are succulents which need little care

John J

« Reply #256 on: October 03, 2018, 11:09:02 AM »
Not my morning walk today but the result of several years of morning walks taken by our friend Michalis. He has produced a card showing many of the plants that he has photographed over the years, with their names. Sadly my attempting to photograph his photos does not do them justice.
Cyprus Branch Head. Gardens in a field 40 m above sea level with reasonably fertile clay soil.
"Aphrodite emerged from the sea and came ashore and at her feet all manner of plants sprang forth" John Deacon (13thC AD)

John J

« Reply #257 on: October 05, 2018, 10:45:29 AM »
A mix of flowers and fruit today. The last one is bergamot.
Cyprus Branch Head. Gardens in a field 40 m above sea level with reasonably fertile clay soil.
"Aphrodite emerged from the sea and came ashore and at her feet all manner of plants sprang forth" John Deacon (13thC AD)

John J

« Reply #258 on: October 12, 2018, 06:55:17 AM »
David, the Hibiscus trionum is one of yours.

John J

« Reply #259 on: October 13, 2018, 06:01:51 AM »
Yesterday I posted a photo of the first (unopened) flower on our Dragon Fruit. This morning we discovered it had opened overnight. My hand is for comparison of size.

Alisdair

• Global Moderator
« Reply #260 on: October 13, 2018, 07:40:28 AM »
What a magnificent sight, John - so exotic!
Alisdair Aird
Gardens in SE England (Sussex); also coastal Southern Greece, and (in a very small way) South West France; MGS member (and former president); vice chairman RHS Lily Group, past chairman Cyclamen Society